Weather Related Remote Learning Days
Arcadia Local Schools has made the decision to implement a remote learning plan for staff and students during calamity days. Students have missed several hours this school year due to weather. In the desire to provide materials and instruction to students at the most impactful times remaining in the school year, we are implementing a remote day option. If the district has to close due to inclement weather or other unforeseen circumstance, the administration may choose to have a remote learning day.
- In the Elementary, Middle, and High Schools, the school day will begin at 10:00 a.m. Students are expected to join Google Meets with their teachers. Instruction shall occur by a teacher led lesson in their subject areas.
- HS/MS students will have no more than 15-20 minutes of live synchronous learning during each period utilizing Google Meets. Classwork will be relevant to content standards.
- HS/MS Student assignments will be of reasonable length, not to exceed 20 minutes outside of class. Curriculum will cover content standards or review standards previously taught.
- Elementary instruction will be relevant to content standards. Schedules for learning on these days will be provided by the student’s classroom teacher.
- This can include direct instruction, instructional videos, etc. Instruction in all areas should be completed by 2:00 p.m. Brief breaks and lunch times shall be part of this schedule.
- Students should be available to meet at these designated times, much like our remote hybrid schedule from earlier in the year. We do realize these days can be a cause for hardships in making this happen. In the event you are having difficulty, please make every attempt to contact the teacher. We thank you in advance for making every effort for your student to participate on these days.
- Students are already in the habit of having their technology with them, charged and ready, whether at school or at home. Please encourage your student to continue this and support them in the practice.
| HS/MS Remote Learning Schedule|
|1st Period||10:00 - 10:20|
|2nd Period||10:25 - 10:45|
|3rd Period||10:50 - 11:10|
|4th Period||11:15 - 11:35|
|5th Period||11:40 - 12:00|
|Lunch||12:05 - 12:35|
|6th Period (A & B)||12:40 - 1:00|
|7th Period|| 1:05 - 1:25|
|8th Period|| 1:30 - 1:50|